Friday 26 July 2013

Mojito Cocktail Recipe


Whenever the sun is out all I want to do is sit in the garden and make 100 different cocktails to sip on. When I was on the plane home from Tunisia I picked up some Duty Free Spirits that I knew would be a perfect addition to cocktail cupboard (this mainly consists of Chambord, Plastic Shot Glasses and Martini Glasses!)

Sitting nicely in my top 5 favourite cocktails is THE MOIJTO.

The Mojito is minty, sweet and so refreshing. It's great to serve in a pitcher or just as individual drinks. I love to pile it high with crushed ice so it stays chilled and it is perfect for a hot afternoon in the sun.

INGREDIENTS
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
White Rum
Mint Leaves
Lime
Crushed Ice 
Sugar
Lemonade or Soda Water


METHOD
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. Place a teaspoon of sugar in the glass, along with a sprig of mint and half a lime (cut in 2)

2. Using a 'muddler'... or a rolling pin if you don't have one of these, squash and mix all the ingredients together. You need to do this for a couple of minutes until the limes are juiced and you should be able to slightly smell the mint

3. Pour white rum into each glass, Traditionally most cocktails are made with 2 measures of alcohol so I have added 2 shots. How much run you put in is completely up to you depending how giddy you wish to get while watching the clouds pass!

4. Fill the glass with crushed ice (this can be bought from any Supermarket, usually around £1)

5. Top the glass with either Lemonade or Soda Water. Soda Water is more the traditional choice but I always use Lemonade as it's slightly sweeter

6. Place a 1/4 or lime and a small mint sprig to garnish, pop in a straw and sip away!



Mojito Cocktail Recipe Mint Lime Summer Refreshing
Glass filled with Sugar, Mint & Lime
Mojito Cocktail Recipe Mint Lime Summer Refreshing
Muddle the ingredients to release all the juice and flavour

Add the Rum Man!

Top glasses with cold crushed ice

Finally top with Lemonade!



Have you tried Mojito's before?

Stevie
xoxo


15 comments:

  1. I love Mojitos! They are the greatest tasting things ever. Love this recipe, never thought about putting lemonade in it. And your pictures are so cute :)

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I am so making this! Love the little tumblers you've used - where are they from?
    Great post!
    Emma x
    emandthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mojito is my all time fave cocktail! Such a cute post & the mugs you put the cocktail in are perfect!
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delicious, cuban mojitos are the best.. I just can't get enough of them !!

    xx

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I could totally do with a glass of Mojito right now! Its my favorite cocktail for the summers (: i love those glasses!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so refreshing and tasty! The glasses are amazing! xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if I've tried a Mojito before. They look so nice though, love the jars! x

    Rachael | beautypea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are the glasses from?! Luuuush.

    http://blueeyesandblusher.blogspot.co.uk

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy, Mojitos are my fave I like adding extra mint. By the way where did you get your glasses from I like the jar mug style. c:

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely going to make mojitos this weekend! I love the glasses you used!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love myself a good mojito! Totally trying out your recipe soon! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loooove mojitos!


    Beauty blog sale all products reduced by 50% or more including products from nars, MAC, armani, clinique and more. We seem to have the same taste in products so i hope you take a look! http://talisatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/massive-blog-sale-products-from-nars.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to make mojitos now! I love the glasses and straws! Where are they from? xx


    Trial and Error Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. i make a blueberry one i love. this looks refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is awesome so I nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can check out the rules and questions here:

    http://prettypeopleproblemsbyem.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-liebster-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete