Monday 10 June 2013

Holiday Essentials - FASHION

what clothes to wear on holiday fashion

I've been busy preparing my suitcase over the last couple of days - I love the excitement of packing all your new clothes ready to show them off in the sun!!!

I've put together a series of HOLIDAY ESSENTIALS which I'll be posting this week, starting today with FASHION!

I've picked out a few of my favourite items that I think you couldn't travel without, obviously I'll be taking more than the 7 items above but these are the most important to really help you get in that holiday spirit (if the cocktail list isn't enough!)


Topshop Summer Coral Crochet Maxi Dress

 THE MAXI DRESS

A Maxi dress can be worn by anyone and look gorgeous & elegant. There's so many different styles available everyone can find one to flatter them.

I instantly fell in love with this Topshop Coral Crochet Maxi. It is available in Turquoise & Coral and has beautiful crochet detail on the straps and back. This style of dress is flattering for me as it comes in at the waist and has a V-Neck. The dress will look perfect when I've got a bit more of a tan!

It's just about the right length for me - I am 5'4 so anyone who is shorter would need to wear it with wedges.


White Summer Primark Dress

 THE WHITE DRESS


A cute, comfy white dress for holiday will always get more wear than you anticipate! They're so easy to chuck on top of your bikini, perfect for walking to the beach/pool or they can be easily dressed up at night. This dress was a bargain at £5 from Primark!!! It was available in a few colours (Blue, Mint, Pink) but I opted for the white as I love it for summer... you just need to avoid dripping your chocolate ice cream on you!


Bright-Colourful-Summer-Fun-Bikini

THE PERFECT BIKINI

Finding the 'perfect' bikini is always a mission every year. You need good support, a flattering style and the perfect colours for your skin tone. I've bought 2 bikini tops & 3 bikini bottoms but I wanted to show you my favourite.

The bandeau top is from Victoria Secrets, the colours are so bright it's a real eye catcher. It fits perfectly and gives really good support (I got Large) it also has a halter strap which you can attach. I've purchase black & mint bikini bottoms from ASOS to match. I love the ruffled edge on the bottoms and they're super comfy!



Topshop Crochet Beach Coverup Kaftan

 

THE BEACH COVER UP


I love this crochet style cover up from Topshop. It's really pretty and looks gorgeous on. It's always nice to have something to chuck on top of your bikini to take a stroll in, or pop to the bar - I'm not one of these Baywatch Babes that feel happy running around in my bikini!


The cover up has a slight A line fit so sits comfortably and has a deep V so shows of your bikini and looks flattering on. I can't wait to wear this with a bright bikini underneath and a messy bun on top of my head!

It's available in white & black - I opted for white as I try to steer away from black when on holiday.

It was priced at £32 which is quite a lot for something for around the pool but this can be worn time after time and I really don't think it will date.


Topshop Rope Statement Necklace

THE STATEMENT NECKLACE

This necklace ... I cannot tell you how long I've been waiting to get my hands on this necklace! It was in Topshop last year and sold out, I was watching a few on eBay but they were going for silly money but then one sunny day I was strolling through Topshop and my boyfriend pointed out that they had it back in stock... I haven't stopped wearing it since.

I love it for summer, the white and silver look so pretty and it goes with EVERYTHING! I think this with the Topshop Cover Up will look really pretty together and basically it will go with most of my outfits.

There's 2 items I haven't yet mentioned... the DENIM JACKET and the SANDALS.

In summer I always have a Denim Jacket at hand, so perfect to chuck on top of a summer dress if it gets a bit nippy. My one is from Primark about 2 years ago. It around £16 and I've already spotted they've got them in stock again this year. Honestly this is one of the best investments I've made, I get so much wear out of it.


Lastly are the sandals - these are inspired by the Kardashians as all last year I saw them in gorgeous sandals with a metal bar down the front. I managed to get these on eBay they look really good on but I've found the metal bar digs in a bit, also if left out in the sun the metal could get a bit hot!


I hope you enjoyed the first instalment of Holiday Essentials, what do you HAVE to take away with you?

Stevie
xoxo

 

5 comments:

  1. Loving the post - really helpful! I have an awful issue of packing things 'just incase'. This can be anything from formal dresses to clumpy heels that I probably won't wear!

    You look beautiful in the maxi dress! Also love the way you've photographed the necklace on that stone head!

    Yinyin xx
    YinyinLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I love the vibrant colour of the orange dress! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Can't believe that white dress is from Primark

    xxx

    http://blueeyesandblusher.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so stunning in that maxi dress Stevie! The colour is beautiful, and will look amazing with a tan xx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dresses :) xxx

    gleamingspire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete